July 23, 2020
Dear Students and Parents,
Hello from Wolfeboro! We have been planning with immense care over the past months for the reopening of campus in the midst of COVID-19, and I am so pleased to share an overview of our Back to Brewster Plan. This plan emerged steadily over the past months and was shaped by science, public policy, and feedback from faculty and staff. Moreover, this document and associated operations plans are the result of the work of more than 60 members of the Brewster Academy community, and I believe their work has positioned us optimally to live and learn effectively during COVID-19. To say that I am proud of their work is an understatement. In my conversation with Brewster employees yesterday, I underscored the following points:
- We believe that it is in the best interest of the social and emotional development and academic progress of students to return to school, if they can do so, while we manage for an appropriate standard of care for our community;
- In forming our reopening plans, we have been informed by international, national, regional, state, and local public sector guidance as well as guidance from leaders in the scientific and medical communities, guidance from peer schools and a host of other resources we’ve reviewed on a daily basis;
- Our planning has been the work of many, many people at Brewster, and that work will continue in earnest over the coming weeks;
- Though the Back to Brewster Plan is 38 pages long, the particular details of how we will operationalize this plan will ultimately be far longer and denser;
- We will share details about those matters that pertain to particular constituencies as the details of all of our planning concludes over the coming few weeks;
- We will continue to communicate regularly with all of our community members in a variety of ways to keep them informed as we continue to finalize and adjust details when necessary.
I ask that you please take time to review this plan thoughtfully and thoroughly with your student(s). We will be holding a follow up webinar for families next week on . where we can address any questions you may have as well as some of the essential next steps for registration and returning to campus. We will also be launching a Registration/Orientation webpage prior to this webinar that will provide you with all of the information you will need to prepare for your child/ren’s arrival in August.
If you have not completed the yet, please do so ASAP so that we can coordinate the testing process, collect the important contact/guardian information, and manage the details surrounding housing and transportation needs. You will also be contacted at a later date to confirm these arrival details.
In closing, I look forward to digging into an even richer and more meaningful dialogue and partnership with Brewster parents during a time that will surely pose challenges for all along the way, but that certainly has the capacity to shape the trajectories of Brewster students in an extremely positive way this year and through the course of their lives.
Enjoy the waning days of July!
Head of School
正规体育投注 Phone: 603-569-7102
Associate Head of School
Director of Summer Programs
正规体育投注 Chief Operations Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Carrie MacDonald BSN, RN
Director of Student Health Services
Director of Admission
Upcoming:Reopening Campus Webinar
July 29, 2020 at 6 p.m.
Previously recorded:Reopening Campus Parent Q&A
June 22, 2020
View webinar recording .
正规体育投注 Password: 2q%T7L&#